November 18, 2011 —
After a shutout victory over a Detroit area team that proved to be over-ranked, the Hudson Tigers are heading to one of the two state semi-final games this weekend.
The Tigers will meet Pewamo-Westphalia at Vicksburg High School, 501 East Hwy St., Vicksburg, MI on Saturday, November 19, at 1:00 PM.
According to Hudson Athletic Director Jeremy Beal, Vicksburg Athletic Director Mike Roy recommends the following directions: Take US- 127 North, then take I-94 west to Sprinkle Road, at Exit 80 on the east edge of Kalamasoo. Take Sprinkle Road about ten miles south into Vicksburg; turn left (east) onto East-West Avenue at the center of Vicksburg. The school is a short distance to the east.
The driving time should be about one and a half hours from Hudson.
A map to Vicksburg High School from I-94 is in the ad on Page 6.
Beal also notes:
* Pre-Sale tickets will be on sale in the high school office beginning on Wednesday. We will have 500 tickets available, and they will be sold on a first come, first serve basis. Admission is $6 per person. The tickets are $6.00 and will be on sale until 3:15 PM Friday unless we sell out.
* Parking is $3 per vehicle.
* Gates will open for spectators at 11:30 am.
* We will be on the visitors side. Visitor seating will accommodate 1,000 spectators.
* The home bleachers will seat 3,500 people. If you sit on that side, please help us to promote an environment of positive sportsmanship and educational athletics.
Considerably more on this weekend’s semi-final game is on pages four through seven of this week’s Post-Gazette.