March 28, 2012 —
Sandra Fish was appointed by Pittsford School Board to take the seat recently vacated by resigned member Mike Fowler by a vote of 4 to 2. The appointment will be for the rest of the year, after which the seat will be up for election.
In other news:
• Mr. Cook reported that sophomores took the state Plan Test, which prepares students for the ACT test. The composite scores for English, math, science and reading were reported as at or above the national average.
• Mr. Shaw extended a thank you to Mr. Cook and others who helped make the boys district basketball tournament a success. He also thanked the Parents Club and Booster Club for covering the transportation costs for field trips and athletic trips.
• Mr. Burger, Mr. Clark and Mrs. Saunders have all been nominated for Teacher of the Year through the Hillsdale County Community Foundation, which carries an award of $10,000.
• Kindergarten Roundup is scheduled for April 11th and 12th. Pittsford Schools currently have 17 students signed up to register.
• Pittsford Schools has an online survey available for parents, students and staff to take on their website, http://pas.k12.mi.us/ and are encouraged to answer it. The survey will be used to help the school complete their Continuous Needs Assessment.
• Graduation has been scheduled for Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 1:30 p.m. Robert Clarke and Sandra Fish will hand out diplomas.
• Mr. Shaw discussed the $600,000 hole in the 2012/13 budget, and reported several options to help address the deficit.
• Jessica Butler was hired as varsity volleyball coach for the 2012/13 school year.